- Look around your print shop. Is there any under-utilized equipment? What about machines used for accounts you no longer service? Look for anything taking up more space than necessary. We can help you sell it in your own auction.
- If you’ve recently upgraded your equipment through a purchase or WireBids or elsewhere, you can auction your old equipment in one of our monthly consignment auctions.
- Once you’ve outlined which pieces you will be auctioning it is time to take photos that really showcase your equipment. Take photos of all the components, rollers, blades, perf wheels, anything that your buyers will need to see before they bid. We have seen it proven time and time again- the better the photos, the better the closing price. Try taking a video of your equipment in action. Quality photos go a long way, in many cases resulting in the difference of thousands of dollars.
- Help your buyers see the value of your equipment by providing equipment specifications. They’ll want to know things like total impression count, maximum sheet size and electrical requirements. Think about what YOU would want to know about a piece of equipment before you buy it- and tell your buyers. They’ll thank you for it.
- Indicate your equipment’s condition. Provide a service history where possible. List all recent repairs and upgrades.
- List included accessories so your buyers know the value they are getting with your equipment. Extra blades, extra rollers, cutting sticks, anything that would increase the value of your lots.
- Provide user manuals. We can try to find them online, but a paper copy is always helpful when buying used equipment.
- Let your buyers know of any costs associated with packaging the equipment for pickup or shipment. How much will you charge to palletize or crate the item? Do you have a loading dock or a forklift on site? Will you help the buyer arrange shipping or is this their responsibility? Spell out every detail before the auction so buyers have a better idea of shipping costs. They’ll bid higher if they have a clearer picture of how much it will cost to bring the equipment to their shop floor.
- Make yourself available for questions during the auctions. Many buyers wait until the last minute to inquire about equipment condition or shipping costs. Answering these questions in a timely manner helps the auction run smoothly.
- Lastly, tell your friends about us! We’re always looking to hear from used equipment dealers and print shop owners looking to liquidate. WireBids offers excellent support for both buyers and sellers. Our user-friendly website coupled with our continually growing user base make WireBids the best place to sell your used printing, bindery, mailing and packaging equipment online. Register today for a free account. Call us at (888) 837-8101 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
As we know, buying equipment online can be an arduous process. What if the equipment hasn’t been taken care of properly? What if the press is not as described?
WireBids carefully curates each auction to ensure your time is well spent, bidding on quality equipment at competitive prices. But how can you be sure a press or a paper cutter is up to your standards?
Many of our sellers offer inspection times when you can come inspect equipment for yourself. We recommend contacting the seller if you need more information on a piece of equipment.
The seller will be the expert when it comes to impression counts, maintenance records and parts that have been replaced. You’ll never know unless you ask! Well informed consumers make better decisions. You can find the seller’s contact information on the Auction’s main page.
For many of these presses, it is important to note that the mileage and use of a machine is more telling than the age of the equipment. Dependable brands like Heidelberg and Challenge stand the test of time as long as they are cared for properly. When in doubt, ask the seller.
Quality equipment pays for itself over and over. Buying equipment on WireBids is hardly a gamble. We cut down on the clutter by offering only the finest products for your print shop. To check out our latest auctions and offerings, click here.
Buying used printing and bindery equipment online with WireBids is easy. Here is a quick guide to the auction terms you will find on our website.
Grouping of one or more pieces of equipment sold together as one bundle. On WireBids, lots close two minutes apart.
Maximum amount that you’re willing to pay for an item. When you’re outbid, we automatically bid on your behalf up to your maximum bid. We increase your bid by increments only as much as necessary to maintain your position as highest bidder.. This number will not be displayed to others.
The amount by which a new bid must exceed the previous bid. WireBids uses the following increments : $1: Less than $250 $10: $250 to $999$50: $1,000 to $9,999 $100: $10,000 and up.
If a bid is placed within 5 minutes of lot ending, remaining bidding time will be extended to 5 minutes.
The final price the lot closes at, before the buyer’s premium or any other fees are applied.
The practice of placing a bid likely to exceed the current highest as late as possible – seconds before the auction ends, giving other bidders no time to outbid the sniper. WireBids extends lots 5 minutes each time a bid is placed in the last moments of the auction to prevent this.
When the seller or anyone connected with the seller places a bid to artificially increase the lot price or desirability. WireBids monitors bidding activity to prevent this.
A percentage of the hammer price added to the final bill paid by the buyer. WireBids buyer’s premiums range from 4% to 10% depending on the auction.
The absolute minimum the seller is willing to accept for the item. The item will not sell until this minimum is reached.
A place to bookmark lots you are interested in. You can watch these lots close together on one page.
WireBids had a successful and rewarding trip to Orlando for Graph Expo 2016. Most exciting was meeting with dozens of our loyal buyers and sellers and learning what we can do to better serve their needs. We made new connections, opening up new doors. WireBids is a leading seller or sheet-fed offset and post-press equipment, and these new connections will help us refine our work in web, digital and higher-value equipment.